Мотивационное письмо по Au Pair

Margosha

что за мотивационное письмо требуется по программе опэр? как его писать? что конкретно оно в себя включает?

может кто его уже писал и выложит свои почитать, как образец? (если не жалко)

Мотивационным письмом нужно убедить, что именно ты подходишь для участия в программе.попробуй поставить себя на место человека, который выбирает из кандидатов, попробуй представить, что они хотят от тебя услышать. прочитай требования к участнику программы и опиши как ты соответствуешь этим требованиям. напиши о опыте общения или работы с детьми, о том, что тебе нравится заботиться о детях. Напиши, что ты изучаешь английский язык и очень хочешь его совершенствовать посредством  общения с семьей и обучения. Тебе интересно познавать культуру Америки

и для тебя было бы незабываемым этапом в жизни участие в этой программе, поскольку она даст тебе возможность соприкоснуться с традициями и культурой страны изучаемого языка и проживая в одной из американских семей ты даже сможешь почувствовать себя частью этой культуры. А от американской семьи  ты ждешь общения, дружеских отношений. из текста письма  далжно быть понятно, что:

ты действительно очень хочешь  участвовать в программе(объясни почему)

ты подходишь для участия в программе (объясни почему)

ты доброжелательна и ты ответственная.

вот парочка вариантов из инета:

1) Dear host family,

I'd like to start my first letter to you with introducing myself. My name is Nataliia. I'm 20 years old and I'm a 4th year student of  Ternopil  National  Pedagogic University. I study foreign languages: English and German. In July this year I'll get the Bachelor diploma.

I was born in the village of Rakova, Tomashpil district Vinnitsa region. I was raised in Tomashvil, where my parents moved there I was 10. There are three members in my family: my mother Luibov Mykolaivna (43 years old) is librarian she is very kind and beautiful woman, she keeps house and takes care of our family, she is good at cooking and I always help her about the house, my  brother Sergiy (18 years old)  - he is a student , my father Grygoriy Mykhailovych (45 years old)- he is a sailor. We are deeply attached to each other and we get on very well. I have good friends and we like to spend time together.

I wish to become an au pair because I like children and in future I'm going to be a teacher of English. I understand that it's a great responsibility to work with children. I like people and my dream is to teach children English. That is why I need to get knowledge about history of America, it's customs, traditions and way of life. I want to improve my English and to know colloquial language. That is why I need your help, because I think it will be the best thing to go to America to be commitment in everything about this country. If I'd be happy to visit America than my lesson at  school would be very interesting and full of helpful information. Also I want to develop my personality, to experience authentic American life in host family and to make lifelong friends abroad.

As for my experience in caring of  children, I would like to say that during my holidays and weekends for a long time I looked after the boy Bogdan (7 years old) and girl Liliia (10 years old). Now I take care of  Vlad (2 years old).

I spent a lot of time with children and that time was just great. I played with them, helped to do their homework, went for a walk , took them from school. I like to read tales for them, to teach them what is good and what is bad. Also I prepared meal for children and bath them.

I like an active rest: to go for a walk, to visit cinema, theatre, different exhibitions. In my opinion, the best way to relax and have fan is to spend time in open area.

At the end I want to say that I like children very much and I'm sure they like me too. Whenever I'm with children I feel comfortable and forget about all problems. They can make me laugh. It seams to me that children are very interesting and funny.

I'm looking forward to meet you, my dear future family!

Best wishes,

Nataliia

2) Dear Sir/Madam,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Olga and I currently live in Moldova, Chisinau. I was born in the 1985 year. Chisinau is the capital of Moldova. Chisinau is surprising green and has remarkable, long boulevards and spacious parks. It is also the major centre of high-technology industries and education. The city is not only famous for its commercial industry, but also its deep history. If you wish you can see the picture gallery of my city in the Internet http://www.foto.md/en/gallery/list/26

My family is a family of 4 people. I have booth parents, they are happily married for already 24 years. My mother is 45 y.o. and she is a home wife, and my father is a dentist. But I do not live with my family now, I have a separate apartment and I am mature enough and take care of myself since 2003. Also I have a younger sister, she is only 1 year younger than I am. So It can explain you my close relations with her. She also is my good friend, we spend a lot of time together. We went to the same school with her, we attended the drawing school. Because of the small age difference we have a lot of topics in common and the same problems and interests. Her name is Natalia.

I studied in the school with an advanced English learning, and English was my favorite subject. But after finishing the school it was hard to enter the language department for me, and I choose an easy way to obtain the higher education and to enter not so popular specialty - and it was not linguistics but teacher of chemistry and computers. And I feel not realized for 100% because with all chemistry subjects I started to forget English language, and I do not like the situation. I finished the University in 2007. The teachers career dint work out for me really good, because of the developing economy the jobs and professions funded from the state budget are not well paid. Though I like children and had an experience of baby-sitting during my University I found it to be pretty profitable and enjoy full. So at this moment I am not employed in school, but I had a good Internship teaching kids during my University Studies as a part of the learning program. I liked that experience.

My friend Tatiana went to USA as an Exchange student. She came back full of energy and with a good command of English. Than she got a well paid job that requires the special qualifications and the English proficiency. And It gave me an idea to participate in the Au Pair program.

My goals are really clear. I do like kids and I am doing the same kind of job right now, so why not too take a chance? I would love to visit USA, the country that we are familiar with from the Hollywood films. If I need to learn more English I would need to spend a lot of efforts and money to do so, so here is another goal. To learn the English from the native speaker, to get rid of the accent and to speak out. And also when I get back I will be able to teach English in the Elementary school, be a personal tutor. Another option, of course, is to make new friends. I do like to travel, to change the environment, and to experience new culture, new people, new way of life. Because I am sure that people need to be tolerant to each other, and in order to do this it is needed to learn a lot about nation and about culture and traditions.

Hope to hear from you soon. I am sure that we will become one family and I would love to take care and to help you with your children. You have all of my contact information, call me and write to me to find out more.

Turcan Olga

у меня еще возник вопрос по этому письму. его нужно писать вручную на листе формата А4 или сделать в напечатанном виде? и еще вопрос, это письмо обязательно писать? просто тут наткнулась на список документов по опэр и обнаружила только рекомендательные письма, но ведь это совсем другое, так?

и да, спасиба за подробное описание и варианты из инета, но хотелось бы всё же чтобы кто-нибудь поделился своим реальным письмом, которое семья уже читала и которой возможно оно понравилось или наоборот не понравилось, тогда можно поучиться на ошибках.

Печатать! На дворе 21 век, а ты вручную писать собралась, не смеши.

Образцы хорошие. Еще бы от себя посоветовал как-то писать по оригинальней.

Представь, они получают десятки писем, почему должны выбрать именно тебя?

Вот тут ты и должна проявить талант и в своем письме показать изюминку.

Understand?

и еще вопрос, это письмо обязательно писать? просто тут наткнулась на список документов по опэр и обнаружила только рекомендательные письма, но ведь это совсем другое, так?

да, рекомендательное письмо это совсем другое. рекомендательное письмо  должно быть от организации или частных лиц, которые дают тебе характеристику. в верхнем левом углу рекомендации от частного лица должно быть напечатано его имя, адрес и телефон. а рекомендательное письмо от организации желательно на фирменном бланке организации и желательно с печатью. если рекомендательное письмо  на  русском, необходимо приложить перевод на английском, напечатанный на компе.

в списке документов есть автобиография

нужно рассказать о себе и включить в письмо  все то , о чем я писал про мотивационное письмо.

Margosha, под мотивационным письмом вы наверное имели ввиду автобиографию в виде дружественного письма.

Письмо пишется на 2 страницах от руки на языке той страны, куда вы собираетесь ехать. В нем необходимо освятить:

- подробности вашей личной жизни (увлечения и т.д.);

- то, как вы пришли к идее Au Pair, ваши цели;

- где и как вы изучали иностранный язык;

- ваш интерес к языку и культуре именно этой страны.

Особое внимание следует уделить описанию вашего опыта работы с детьми. Также можно написать о друзьях, которые были Au Pair, и им очень понравилось.

В письме допускаются небольшие ошибки.

нет, не андэрстэнд. вы меня запутать решили? один пишет, что письмо нужно печатать, так как на улице 21 век, а другая писать от руки. и кому теперь верить?

Верить нужно тому, кто занимается программой Au Pair..то есть мне :(

Соглашусь с Lacoste в том, что в письмо действительно лучше добавить какую-то изюминку, но только одну или 2-3, чтобы не переборщить  :)

еще информация из инета:

Приветствуется художественное оформление письма, так как таким образом можно показать принимающей семье, что человек творческий и умеет многое делать своими руками, а значит сможет научить этому и детей. В качестве

художественного оформления можно использовать различные рисунки, аппликации, вырезки из журналов, фотографии –

главное чтобы это все было оформлено со вкусом.

• 4 months later...